The purpose of HOPELive! is to be an expression of the arts in aiding the preaching, teaching, worship and evangelism of Hope Church. Our goal is to bring a Christian worldview into the arts. We know God is the source of all creative powers in the universe, and we believe that God places talents and creativity in us. We want to use these talents to bring glory to His name and point others toward Him.
We require a minimum weekly commitment depending on which area you would like to serve within because of the nature of the work. If you would like to serve within multiple areas, we can work with your schedule.
Entrance Criteria: In order for you to serve on the HOPELive! Team, you must:
- Be a member of Hope Church.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA while in school.
- Complete this application and be invited by a HOPELive! Team leader. (Please allow 1-2 weeks upon submitting your application to hear back from a team leader.)
- Time commitment:
- Music Team = Hours TBA
- Performances and skits = There is currently no scheduled time. Announcement rehearsals take place at 9am on Sunday mornings. Members are required to attend any and all rehearsals necessary for weekly announcements or performances. Members working on projects will work with directors to determine the schedule for each individual project and “count the cost” beforehand as to their time involvement.
Personal character is a priority. Artistic talents do NOT take priority over growing Christian character. HOPELive! is an others-focused ministry of HOPE and is based around college, faith and leadership. The giving of yourself to others in a others-focused type of ministry requires each performer/member of HOPELive! to be receiving personal ministry. Therefore membership of Hope Church is required as well as active participation in a Connect Group. Living out an authentic Christian life in the community of believers of Hope Church is how you can maintain a healthy balance of “giving out” ministry and “receiving in” ministry. We desire each member of HOPELive! to be growing in these areas. These core values of the benefits community are listed here:
- Authentic: We value living openly and honestly with one another.
- Others-Focused: We value putting others’ needs above our own.
- Fun-Loving: We value God’s love and having fun in everything we do.
- Purpose-Driven: We value living for something greater than ourselves.
Those desiring involvement on the team will be approved with the input of each individual’s Connect Group leaders.
Please allow 1-2 weeks upon submitting your application to hear back from a team leader.